Thursday, December 8, 2016

Good Christmas Present Idea For Young Survivalists


I don't know about you guys but I was a big fan of ALONE on HISTORY. Last year I actually took a survival course from one of the season one contestants, Sam. He was much sharper than they made him appear on the show, and an awesome teacher. I really enjoyed picking his brain! He has been perfecting the art of teaching youth how to live in the wilderness, and he recently came out with a book for beginners, specifically young people! I got my copy today and I really like it. It is a very well-rounded book and it even included a section on edible and medicinal plants, which many books on the topic lack. It's self published by him so you can tell he didn't pay a photographer thousands of bucks for the photos, but it was just an awesome all around guide to the outdoors. I just wanted to throw this out there if any of you guys are interested. My copy will be going to my nephew, who is 15!He is actually signing copies if you buy them directly from his website, but they take a bit longer to shiphttp://www.woodsongwilderness.com/blog/2016/11/22/to-tread-in-wild-places-an-introductory-guide-to-wilderness-living-skillsIt's also available on Amazon I believe, but I prefer to get mine from the guy himself! http://ift.tt/2h8YfhT

No comments:

Post a Comment