Wednesday, December 7, 2016

50$ Bushcraft/Camping Challenge weekend


The weekend has finally arrived!!!   A few friends and I really enjoy camping/bushcrafting. However, we all like our gear and we all have our preferences when it comes to all that. So, to put a twist on our regular experience I challenged them to come camping with me.... The catch is everything you bring with you has to total less than 50$. I gave everyone a full 5 week notice so that they have time to shop around for cheap options for all the gear they normally bring. I am really excited to see what everyone shows up with.We do have a few ladies tagging along, bringing all their normal gear. They weren't as enthusiastic about the challenge as some of us... but hey the more the merrier!   I will post photos when we return of everyone's gear loadout and total cost. I am probably not going to do an itemized list of each persons gear though.   Here are the basic rules.   (1.) You are only allowed to spend 50$ total for everything you are bringing. (not including your clothing).The 50$ encompasses all things. Food, shelter, water, backpack, etc. You MUST PROVIDE RECIEPTS before we head out, they will be checked and your total added before we head out.   (2.) Phones and cameras get a free pass.   Let me know what you think, and if you have any Ideas that could add any more fun to this experience. http://ift.tt/2h7wXLr

No comments:

Post a Comment